There are several interesting movies playing now. Here are some details on a few of them.
John Rambo is the last of the Rambo series, starring Sylvester Stallone (and also written and directed by him, I believe). This is similar in a way to Rocky Balboa, the Rocky movie that came out last year. It's the first Rambo movie in a long time, and the hero comes out of retirement to do one last job. It has a mood of nostalgia. But I thought the Rambo movie was more successful than the Rocky movie. In Rocky Balboa, the mood was generally gloomy, while in John Rambo the feeling was more hopeful. Stallone also loked younger in this movie. It was set in Burma, and the mission is to rescue people taken prisoner there.
21 is a movie set in MIT and Las Vegas. A brilliant student at MIT needs lots of money to pay for his tuition at Harvard Medical School. So he joins a group of students, led by a professor, who go to Las Vegas every weekend to play blackjack and win lots of money by counting the cards. This isn't illegal, but the managers of the casinos don't like it, so it's kind of dangerous. It stars Kate Bosworth, whom I have heard of but don't remember where I saw her.

No comments:
Post a Comment