Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Fudou-gan

In Kumamoto, there are many natural spots that many people don't know about. For example, in Kamoto, which is near Kikuchi (?), there are several places, for example Anzu no Oka, Yatani Keikoku, and Fudou-gan. Fudou-gan is a very nice spot. It consists of 3 large rocks, and it's possible to climb each of them. There's a shrine there, and I went there once on New Yaer's Day. It made me feel full of energy and hope for the New Year.
There's a nice hiking course in the Fudougan area. You walk from the front rock, past the other rocks, and on to a lake. I don't remember too clearly, but I think it took about 2 hours. Unfortunately, in a major typhoon many trees fell down and the walk became difficult. When I went there in summer I saw lots of snakes, so maybe autumn and winter are better for the hiking course. But fudougan itself is fine at any time. In fact, sprimng is probably best, because there are many cherry trees there.

1 comment:

あすぽん said...

I know Fudou-gan well. Becaue there are it near Kikuchi which is my hometown. And cherry trees are very very beutiful in K ikuchi, so please visit my hometown in spring.

Wordcount

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit