Monday, November 28, 2005

WAI revised: why?

As I said at the beginning of the semester, we may need to revise the WAI from time to time. Why? Because I didn't consider everything when I cooked it up originally. Here is the orginal version:

Number of words +
Number of posts * 20
Lowest number of monthly posts * 100
Number of vocab posts * 50
Number of book posts * 50
Number of posts with links to outside * 20
Number of posts with links to other class blogs * 100
Number of posts with pictures and at least 2 sentences * 30
Number of posts reflecting on your blogging or study (these should link to your earlier posts) * 100
[MINUS:
the longest period you didn't blog (days) * 20]

I'd like to suggest an addition:
Number of complex posts * 20

A complex post is one that is quite long and contains 5 links incorporated into the sentences naturally. An example would be my Sleeping Beauty post. Please nominate your own examples so that we can agree on a definition. And also if you have done something that isn't covered in the WAI let me know so that we can make the WAI better.

Let's agree on the final version of the WAI next week; then, by December 12th, you should calculate your WAI. During the class that day, I would like to talk to each of you individually about your blog. Remember to calculate it completely so that we can have a meaningful discussion!

No comments:

Wordcount

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit