Friday, November 06, 2009

iPod touch

Do you have an iPhone? I decided that the monthly charges for an iPhone would be too much, so I have long wanted an iPod touch, which is known as "an iPhone without the phone". But the earlier iPod touches had a maximum capacity of 32 GB, and I was worried that wouldn't be enough. Fortunately, in the most recent round of updates last month, Apple introduced a 64GB model. So I bought that earlier this week.

Of course, I use an iPod to listen to music sometimes, but my main purpose is help with my work. The first app I bought was Papers. This is for organizing PDFs and keeping my notes on them and reference information. I also bought Bento. This is a database application. Both of these apps sync with a program on my computer over the wireless network in my office. Another app that syncs in this way is Notebooks. This app allows me to carry Microsoft Office and iWork documents with me on my iPod touch, and actually edit them at any time.

I also bought a subway map for Tokyo and for London. I hope these will come in useful when I travel.

No comments:

Wordcount

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit