Friday, November 06, 2009

Japan Series

I don't like baseball so much, or rather, when I came to Japan I had no knowledge of it and no interest. But many relatives and other people around me watch baseball regularly so I have naturally come to absorb a little knowledge about it. I don't watch games for most of the year, but I am rather interested in the Japan Series. In fact, I dislike the Yomiuri Giants (although I like their coach, Mr. Hara), so I always support the team that is fighting against them. This year, I find Nippon Ham a very interesting team, because they defend very well, and are pretty good at creating chances to score. However, they tend not to score as many points as they might, and the Giants have some very powerful hitters who can engineer great comebacks. My prediction is that the Giants will win tomorrow's game to take the series 4-2, but I really hope that Nippon Ham will find a way to defeat them.

So why do I dislike the Giants? I guess I don't really dislike them, but I do dislike the system whereby they are on television nearly every night, and the Pacific League teams get no exposure. So I think everyone should cheer on the other teams! Go, Fighters!

No comments:

Wordcount

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit